Library Media Services Home
Welcome to Library Media Services!
392 S.E. 19th Avenue (Building 20, MTI Campus)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
The mission of Library Media Services is to provide quality resources and support to all MCPS schools, to assist school library media specialists in developing and delivering library media programs to children and teachers, and to help students meet achievement goals established by state, county and school guidelines.
FIND IT FAST! is a one stop info shop website for the online library resources available to Marion County students. Students can visit this site and with a click of the mouse find the information they need for homework assignments, research papers, books to read and more.
FIND IT FAST! is the first of it's kind...interactive and engaging! Marion County School library media specialists wanted a captivating central site where students could find all the digital tools available to them.
FIND IT FAST! is the place! The original design for the site was created by Heather Foster, an IB student at Vanguard High School. Heather is an outstanding artist and animator. Pat Davis, web master for Marion County Public Schools built the site using Heather's art work.
Got Questions? Need Answers? FIND IT FAST!
For more information contact your school library media specialist or Miriam W. Needham, Coordinator, Library Media Services, Marion County Public Schools.
Check it out!!!
The Purpose of Library Media Services
Library Media Services' primary purpose is to provide services and materials to students and teachers through the school library media programs.
The administrators and staff of the department communicate with school library media center staffs through school visits, e-mail, memos sent through courier, an annual meeting during preplanning week and monthly meetings during the year. In addition to the services and support provided by the Teachers' Professional Library, the Department of Library Media Services offers to school library media staffs the following:
- Check on current trends in the profession
- Information regarding improvments from the school system and from the Florida Department of Education
- Acquisition services and fund accounting for purchases of library books, other print materials, and non-print materials
- Cataloging and processing materials for school libraries
- Training and troubleshooting library automation in schools
- Consultation regarding copyright and software licensing
- Consultation regarding appropriate use of online support of media instructional programs
- Previews of Vendors' new materials.