Business Services is made up of the following departments:
Our mission is to serve as stewards of the Marion County Public Schools' resources; to provide outstanding financial services; and to provide guidance, advice and recommendations for best practices, cost-savings and/or re-engineering opportunities for all MCPS departments and schools in accordance with MCPS Board policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain Business Services, including Budgeting services, Food services, Purchasing services and Warehouse operations.
- Coordinate the budget control function.
- Assist in the preparation of and conduct the collective bargaining process.
- Oversee Purchasing, including RFPs and/or bids as necessary for the District.
- Prepare and administer the annual School District budget.
- Prepare financial reports and statements to schools, the District, the State and the Federal Government.
- Assist with the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of District-wide food service.
- Maintain effective community relations and interpret financial matters to the community.
- Advise and assist the Deputy Superintendent and other District staff members on budgets, accounting policies and interpret/apply said policies to the various financial functions.
- Provide information to the Superintendent and Board on the financial status of the School District and the wise use of its resources through sound business management practices.
- Assist in the development of School Board policies and administrative guidelines.
- Keep abreast of legal requirements and proposed changes in areas of responsibility and provide advice to the Superintendent as to their impact on the District.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain all appropriate records.