Budget & Education Funding Information
Children First: A Call to Action!
What Can You Do?
Contact our legislators and ask them to:
- Restore state funding for K20 education to pre-lottery levels (60% of state budget rather than current 51%).
- Expand revenues for K12 education to include elimination of chosen sales tax exemptions, new sales taxes from Internet purchases, increased taxes on tobacco and alcohol sales and gaming revenues dedicated to education.
- Restore school district capital budgets to 2007-08 levels (2 mills).
- Maintain class size at the school average.
- Hold all educational mandates at the 2007-08 level and do not add any new programs.
- Delay implementation of new curriculum standards, new PE requirements, new K8 virtual education and new high school accountability requirements
View our District Budget for 2012-2013.
Frequently Requested Information
Florida State Sales Tax Exemptions
A list of Florida State Sales Tax Exemptions which were taken from the 2008 Florida Tax Handbook beginning at page 123.
MCPS Financial Publications
Audit reports, financial reports, and budgets are online dating back to 1999-2000 school year.