Contact Information for Recruitment:
Debra L. Mueller, ESD Supervisor
The Recruitment Office is responsible for coordinating the District's recruitment efforts. To ensure MCPS employ the best and brightest teachers, the district Employment Services Department conducts a well-organized program for recruitment. The Marion County Education Career Fair, college recruitment fairs, personal visits, information sessions, and campus career events attract well-qualified teachers to Marion County Public Schools. In addition, our own employees receive scholarship opportunities through the Public Education Foundation of Marion County and the Department of Education to pursue careers in Marion County.
Initial Employment Requirements
- Complete the online application.
- Apply for instructional vacancies.
- Scan and email, or mail these documents: Florida teaching license or Florida letter of eligibility, resume, and driver's license.
- If mailing documentation, mail to 420 SE Alvarez Ave., Ocala, FL, 34471.
Rookie Teacher of the Year 2011, Clay Griffin of BSE
Incentives for Newly Hired Teachers
- New teacher orientation
- Hotel and housing discounts (contact us for information)
- Financial aid for graduate school
- Critical Teacher Shortage Student Loan Forgiveness Program
MCPS Teaching Perks
- Competitive salary based on years of experience
- Board-paid contribution into Florida Retirement System
- Board-paid health insurance and life insurance
Interesting Facts about MCPS Recruiting
Teachers account for more than half the district workforce. Last year, out of approximately 6,000 employees, instructional employees took up the vast majority – 3,933, or just over 65 percent.
This new school year, teachers will serve an estimated 43,138 students in Marion County Public Schools.
Ocala-Marion County Chamber of Commerce
Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles
Marion County Public Library System
Ocala Post Office
Ocala/Marion Visitors & Convention Bureau
Marion County Supervisor of Elections