2. No pay or reward will be given in
exchange for the volunteer hours.
School or college credit will not be
3. The activity needs to be conducted
in a public place.
4. There should be no unreasonable
health or safety risk involved.
5. Volunteer hours cannot be for
6. The service hours cannot be
political in nature.
7. There can be no solicitations for
Florida Statute (1009.537 (1)(d)
states: Complete a program of
community service work, as
approved by the district school
board or the administrators,..
Which shall include a minimum
of 75 hours of service work and
require the student to identify
a social problem that interests
him or her, develop a plan for
his or her personal involvement
in addressing the problem, and,
through paper’s or other
presentations, evaluate and
reflect upon his or her
Board Policy 4.11
to include but are not limited to:
1. Helping with food drive.
2. Helping with clothing drive.
3. Reading or helping children, young
adults or adults to “learn to read”.
4. Working on environmental clean-up.
5. Volunteering as a docent at a
6. Answering phone calls on a hot
7. Serving food at an established
food kitchen (Brother’s Keeper
8. Reading, singing, or assisting those
needing help with fine motor
9. Helping with email/mail for a
person with a disability.
10. Helping with a large “mailing”
11. Helping a worthy community cause
with fund raising (i.e. bell
For graduating seniors, maintain the
documentation until at least the onset of
the next academic school year. For all
other students, keep all
documentation on file.
District Community Service
Approved by the Marion
County School Board and the
Bright Futures and Other
- Non-Profit Community Service
- Non-profit Community Service
- Public Schools
- Accredited Private Schools
- Officially Recognized Churches,
Synagogues, Mosques, etc.
- Government Agencies
- Hospital and Medical Centers
Convalescent, Nursing Homes
- Licensed Child Care Schools,
Forms and Documents
(These forms are in Adobe Reader PDF format. If you don't have this Reader, you can download it free by clicking here.)
Click on a title to view/print the document.
Call 236-0578 if you have questions.