TYPE - SAVE - PRINT - GO!
TYPE your student's information in the highlighted fields of the
Enrollment Registration Form (Spanish version) and the
Emergency Contact Form (Spanish version)
SAVE the forms to your computer for safe-keeping.
PRINT both of your student's completed forms.
GO! Take your student's completed forms and all required documents to the assigned school. School Enrollment/Registration Checklist (Spanish version of Checklist)
Packet! The registration packet includes the complete set of documents needed for registration, including informational flyers. School Enrollment/Registration Packet (Spanish version of Packet)
Students are registered through their zoned school. Sometimes, a visit to Student Assignment office is necessary and can be scheduled by calling for an appointment.
Student Assignments and Records Department
(352) 671-7737 or
512 SE Third Street, Ocala, Florida 34471
The Registration Process for
Marion County Public Schools
How old does my child have to be to start school?
Under state law, a child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1 to enter kindergarten. To enter first grade, a child must be 6 on or before Sept. 1 and must have successfully completed kindergarten.
When should I register my child for school?
You may go to the school your child will attend at any time to register him or her for school. If you are new to the area, you are encouraged to register your child as soon as possible. Previous school records or report cards help schools place students.
What do I need to bring to register my child?
School Enrollment/Registration Checklist
Which school will my child attend?
- Verification of age (with one of the following):
- Transcript of child's birth (Birth Certificate)
- Insurance policy
- School record
- Certificate of baptism, accompanied by parent's affidavit
- Bona fide Bible record, accompanied by parent's affidavit
- Affidavit of age sworn to by parent, accompanied by a medical practitioner's statement
- Proof of immunizations on a Form 680, which can be obtained at the Department of Health at the following address:
Marion County Health Department
1801 SE 32 Ave., Ocala
HRS 680 form for MMR (mumps, measles, and rubella), DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus) and OPU (polio). There is a state requirement that seventh graders must have a series of three Hepatitis B injections, a tetanus booster and a second measles shot. They must offer proof of these immunizations before they can enroll in the seventh grade.
- Proof of physical examination within the last year. If documentation cannot be provided, a physical examination must be scheduled within 30 days.
- Academic History
- Last report card
- Withdrawal Form
- Each first grader who attended a private kindergarten also will need a letter from that school stating that he/she has successfully completed kindergarten.
- Special education information
- Proof of Marion County residence (one of the following sets of documents):
- Copy of mortgage or lease/rental contract AND a copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in parent’s/guardian’s name
- Copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in parent’s/guardian’s name AND affidavit from landlord verifying residency
- Affidavit from head of household AND mortgage or lease/rental contract in the name of head of household AND a copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in name of head of household
- Legal Documentation
If you are not the legal guardian or residential custodial parent of a student OR there is a court decision regarding release of information related to custody/restraining orders, etc., state law REQUIRES that one of the following documents be provided for enrollment:
- Court Custody Documentation stating specifications
- Department of Children and Families Placement Letter
- Educational Guardianship - notarized documents verifying parent/legal guardian of student is incarcerated
Each school has a designated attendance area, and the family's address determines which school the student will attend. To find your attendance zone, contact the
Student Assignment office at
(352) 671-7737 or
512 SE Third Street, Ocala, Florida 34471.
How do I withdraw my child from school?
The parent needs to go to the currently enrolled school with the following items:
- The parent's ID
- The student’s ID (Middle and High School students)
- Books issued by the school (and if applicable: instruments, checked out library books, and uniforms)
If transferring to another Marion County School, please bring the following items to register:
- The parent's ID
- Withdrawal packet from previous school
- Proof of residence