The purpose of the CTAE Student Services Center is to support the school’s mission of serving the citizens of Marion County in careers and life long learning. We offer support to current and prospective students with academic guidance and testing services, career assessments, career development, and pre-employment and job placement assistance at no cost to you!
Career Assessments A very detailed assessment of your skills compared to:
Your answers are matched with suggested occupations. This takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes and is administered via computer.
*Select courses taken may be transferred to an Associate Degree Program.
- Work functions (work dealing with data, people, or things)
- Aptitude (specific job abilities)
- Temperaments (ability to adapt to different work demands)
- Interest Inventory
- Physical and strength demands and environmental conditions
Florida Ready to Work
Florida employers need and seek dependable, skilled workers. Florida’s Ready to Work credential program will help prepare prospective and current employees to fill that need. We are proud to announce that Community Technical and Adult Education Center is an official test site and offers this assessment at NO COST to participants. You will receive a Ready To Work Credential, signed by Governor Charlie Crist, once mastery level expectations have been achieved.
FLORIDA READY TO WORK:
- Provides students/jobseekers with a standard credential that certifies their work place readiness and ability to succeed on the job.
- Saves employers time and money by taking the guesswork out of the hiring process.
- Helps educators and workforce development partners prepare today's students/jobseekers for tomorrow's jobs.
- Helps attract business with high-wage jobs to Florida which will grow Florida's economy
The program is funded by the State of Florida. There is no cost - other than time - for jobseekers or employers.
WIN WAY RESUME WRITER
- This is a computer program to help you write your resume and a cover letter. This program has many different styles and samples for you to choose from. Assistance for use of the program can be provided.
- After a career assessment has been taken, students may meet with a career counselor to plan their career path.
Work Ethics Program
The Work Ethics Program is designed to supplement our vocational programs with essential work ethics that have been identified by business and industry leaders. The program provides activities and knowledge needed to foster positive work habits. It is the goal of CTAE to produce students who possess both strong occupational skills and good work habits.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (Some evening appointments may be scheduled).
If you have questions, or would like to schedule an evening appointment with the Student Services Center, please call 671-4134.