View News Archives
MCPS Parent Portal
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
What is the Parent Portal?
- Our gateway to improving communication and collaboration
- Online access for parents to monitor their child's progress
- Parent resources
- Grading guideline
- All of this at one location
Why should I register for the Parent Portal?
- 24 hour access to your child's/children's academic progress
- Current grades and assignment reports
- District news and updates
- important information
- And much, much more
How do I register for the MCPS Parent Portal?
- You must visit your child's school during and/or after the initial registration begins
- Provide the designated Parent Portal registration clerk with valid photo ID
- Provide them with your child's student number if you have that, if not they will be able to look it up for you
- They will register you and create an account for you
- You will be provided an account number and PIN
- You will also be provided with step by step directions on activiating your account from home
How will I access this information once registration is complete?
- You must have internet access (DSL, Cable Modem, High Speed Access Recommended)
- You will be provided with the web address and you will activate your account
- You will then have instant access to the above mentioned iinformation