Welcome to Marion Technical Institute!
MTI prepares students for success
in college and in life!
Students will receive a high school diploma while also having the opportunity to earn impressive national certifications, scholarship money and college credits through Gold Seal programs. Working closely with Business Advisory Councils composed of local industry leaders, students will participate in work-based learning experiences and “hands-on” training activities while attending MTI.
Why should you choose a technical high school vs. a typical high school? The information you might need to help you make this life-changing decision may be found in this video regarding job availability and salaries. High school sophomores can finish their high school programs with career and college-focused offerings at MTI. Don't wait and be lost in the shuffle - now is the time to apply for the 2014-2015 school year. MTI offers academic and vocational programs for juniors and seniors in high school. Enrolling at MTI promises students' engagement, challenge and achievement. MTI offers an environment that is unique and innovative in Marion County and Florida! Want to visit campus? Just call 671-4765 for a personalized tour of the school! This is your chance to make a new choice...remember your future starts TODAY! Fill out your application today.
GET THE LATEST INFO via the MTI monthly newsletter - special event information, calendar of activities, and other up-dates about MTI programs! Check out our student-centered website at http://mtinews.org/.
Attention Parents and Students! Are you looking to jump start your college career? Click here to see a Career Pathways Powerpoint presentation that explains how MTI can help you earn college credits before you ever leave high school!
Parents: The Marion County School District is interested in your opinion. Please voice your concerns or praises by clicking on the below link:
• Parent Survey -- http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/dept/fep/survey2015/survey.cfm
• Spanish Parent Survey -- http://www.marion.k12.fl.us/dept/fep/survey2015/surveysp.cfm
The online Parent Survey will be available until December 19, 2014.
Be sure to stay connected with your base school for upcoming activities and events by logging on to their websites or viewing the bulletin board located in Student Services!
- Information Technology Student Deyanira Zarate Ramirez is MTI's first student to pass ALL Microsoft Certifications. There are six certifications including Excel Expert and Word Expert! This means she has her Microsoft Office Master Certification which is equivalent to 12 college credit hours.
- After a fantastic Poetry Out Loud school-wide competition, Connor Heathcoe moves on to represent MTI at the state level competition in Tallahassee later this year. Connor - you have a way with words!
- MTI's Shark Tank team, Team Zoom, received third place in the CEP Power Plant's county-wide business plan competition! We are extremely proud of Aaron Solomon, Rachel Thompsen and Brent Delawter. These students did an excellent job with the support of Math Teacher David Ayala.
- Congratulations to Teacher of the Year John Conway and Rookie Teacher of the Year Vicki Yancey!
- MTI was named the #1 High School in the Marion County Red Ribbon Competition!
- MTI was honored with first-runner up for Best in Show at the Annual Chili Cook-off and received first place for the Small Organization category. A special thanks goes out to Culinary student Kara Wickham for her amazing chili recipe!
This year’s Magnet Expo will be held on Thursday, January 15 from 5-7 pm on the MTI campus. This is a great opportunity for parents and students to gain valuable information about magnet programs in which they may be interested. Groups from all our high schools as well as Howard Middle, North Marion Middle, Reddick Collier Elementary, Dr. NH Jones Elementary, Madison Street Elementary and Oakcrest Elementary Schools will be on hand to answer questions.