Basketball Newsletter now online...click link to view!
Student athletes at Vanguard High School must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA for each semester. Freshmen are automatically eligible for the first semester.
- Submit a current physical (on Marion County Public Schools form) before participating in a practice or try out.
- Submit a parent permission (pink card) form to the coach before participating in a practice or try out.
- Provide a copy of his/her birth certificate if a new athlete at VHS.
- Sign a HIPAA form each school year.
- Pay a participation fee to cover insurance by the 6th day of practice for each sport.
- Clear any school debt before participating in a competition.
Note: Home education and charter school students must make clear their intention to participate in a sport at Vanguard High School prior to the first day of practice for each sport in which the student is interested. If a student fails to do this, he/she will be ineligible for that season.
Participation fees for athletes help to defray the cost of insurance on participants.
The following fees are assessed according to the sport:
- Football - $85.00
- Cheerleading - $50.00
- Bowling - $20.00
- Weightlifting - $20.00
- Flag Football - $20.00
- Spring Football - $30.00
- Spring Dance and Cheerleading - $30.00
- All Other Sports - $50.00
Sportsmanship is an important aspect of the VHS athletic program. Student-athletes are expected to display good conduct during practices, games, and in the classroom. We expect our students to give their best at all times.
Sportsmanship is also displayed by the fans, families, and spectators at events. Those individuals participating in these roles also bear a responsibility to show good sportsmanship to the referees and the opposing team's players, coaches, and fans.
ALL SPORTS PASSES
VHS All Sports Passes are good for ALL home games for ALL sports ALL year (excluding tournament and district play).
Sr. Citizens (62 years & over) $ 20.00
12th Grader - $20.00
Underclassmen - $ 25.00
Elementary & Middle School - $ 25.00
Preschool - Free
Passes can be purchased from Julie Wright, IPC, in the front office.
The following ticket prices are in effect for all Marion County Public Schools:
- Varsity Games: Adult and student tickets are $ 6.00 at the gate. They may also be purchased prior to the game at school for the same price if you don't wish to stand in line at the gate.
- Freshman and JV Games: Adult and student tickets are $5.00 at the gate (no presale).
All Other Sports:
- Student and adult tickets are $5.00 at the gate.
Booster Stadium is the VHS home field. The address of the stadium is 3050 NE 36th Avenue.
Click on the Team Names to view their webpages, coaches, and schedules. Results are listed on this website link C2C Sports Results.